Monday, December 8, 2008

HoA: In-Class Resources for Dec. 8

Sorry I couldn't be in class today. I'm drinking lots of O.J. and eating chicken noodle soup so I can feel better tomorrow.

I've uploaded a sample "Flash Card" for you to use as a template for your group. Please turn in your flashcard on Wednesday morning and I'll scan them so we can look at them on the SmartBoard. Your group will spend about 5 minutes on Wednesday summarizing the important characteristics of your Mexican President's term. The "Flash Cards" should be 8.5"x11" in size. If you wish, you may ask Mr. Taylor to share some thick cardstock to make your flashcard. The cardstock is located on one of the shelves in the high cabinet closest to the classroom's window. The "Flash Card" will count as a homework grade (a rare event in our class) and your presentation on Wednesday will be counted as a participation grade.

The reading assignment for 6th period HoA is to read "Mexico Must Become a Nation of Rules and Laws" and "The Formation of the Single Party State". I've just loaded both readings to my box.net account and they are available in the blue box to the right on this webpage.

Good luck on your quiz!

No comments: